Before you can use audio on Airtime, you may need to give the app permission to access your microphone.
Granting Airtime permission to access your microphone
- Click Settings on your device.
- Scroll down to the list of apps until you see Airtime, then click it.
- Enable themicrophone settings by swiping the appropriate button to the right.
- Tap on the settings icon.
- Search for Apps and tap on “App management."
- Look for Airtime and tap on the icon. Look for permissions and tap on them.
- If the microphone is in the “Allowed” section, no action is needed.
- If it is on “Not Allowed,” tap on the microphone iconand permit it by choosing “Allow."
On the Web:
- At the top right corner of your browser, click the “More Icon” then select “Settings”
- Click Privacy and security, then Site settings.
- Select “Microphone”
- Look for “Allowed to use a microphone” and click the Airtime icon .
- Under Permission, select “Allow” for microphone .
Turning your audio on
When you enter an Airtime room, your microphone is off by default. Only hosts, members of private rooms, or those who have been approved to go on stage can turn on their microphones and go live. To turn on your microphone and unmute yourself:
- Tap the muted microphone icon on the bottom bar to unmute. Your microphone is now on.
To turn off your microphone:
- From the bottom bar tap the unmuted microphone icon to unmute it.
To mute or unmute someone else's microphone while they're onstage:
- Press and hold on someone's video tile, then tap "Mute."
- To unmute that person, press and hold on their video tile, then tap "Unmute."
Please sign in to leave a comment.