Some group chats are for friends' eyes only. We get it. That's why we made sure to let you make each Room as open or as private as you like.
By default, each new Room has "secret" visibility but "open" access. Your room won't show up publicly on your profile, but if you share the Room link anyone can enter it.
Not into that? Good news: you can easily change those settings!
To change a Room's privacy settings:
- Tap on the people menu icon in the upper right of the Room.
- Tap on "Room Settings" in the bottom of the menu.
- Scroll down to Room Privacy and select the option that works best for you:
- "My Crew Only" (super private; the only way to join is through a member invite)
- "All My Friends" (allows friends of friends to join, but everyone else has to request to join it first)
- "Everyone" (anyone can find and join the room without requesting access)
- "Custom" (make it your own by selecting the privacy options that work for you)
- Hit "Save" in the top right once you've picked the best option for you and your buddies.