Invite your crew directly to a Room or add people to your friends list so you can hang out later.
Inviting Your Friends to Airtime
To invite a friend from your address book to download the app:
- Tap the People icon at the bottom from the Rooms list view.
- Tap the Contacts tab.
- Scroll to find your friend in your address book.
- Tap "Invite" next to their name and tap "Text 1 friend." Or keep adding more to get a group text going.
- Give your text message a personal touch and send it off!
To share your username on social media:
- Tap on the profile icon in the bottom right of the Rooms list view on iOS. On Android, tap on the menu in the upper left.
- Tap on the option to share your profile. You can copy your username link, post it to Facebook, Twitter, anywhere! Your username link will look like this: http://air.me/<yourusername>.
- That's it! Watch the friend requests pour in.
Adding An Existing Airtime User as a Friend
To add by username:
- Tap the People icon at the bottom from the Rooms list view on iOS. On Android, select the People tab.
- Tap the search bar at the top on iOS. On Android, tap on the plus sign in the bottom right.
- Enter your friend's username in the search bar.
- Tap "Add friend" next to their username under the People tab to add them as a friend on Airtime!
To add someone who is nearby (iOS only):
TIP: You must turn on Bluetooth on your device or join the same Wi-Fi network as your friends to use this feature.
- Make sure all of your pals who have Airtime already installed have opened the app.
- Tap the People icon in the bottom right.
- Tap on the Contacts tab and scroll to the bottom to Nearby Users.
- Tap "Add" next to each name that appears to add them.
- Now you're friends on Airtime!
Inviting Friends to Rooms
Rooms are where the party happens. Adding your friends means you can group video chat, text message and even watch videos and listen to music together. Go on, invite your whole gang and your family, too.
To create a new Room and invite someone to the Room at the same time:
- From the Rooms list view, tap the plus sign (+) in the top right on iOS. On Android, tap the plus sign icon in the bottom right.
- Give your Room a name. (This step is optional, but a good idea!)
- Add friends that you'd like to be in the new Room from your Friends list.
- Tap "Create" in the upper right on iOS. On Android, tap "Done" in the upper right.
- You've just created a new Room with you and your pals! Great!
To invite someone to an existing Room:
- Open the Room from the Rooms list view.
- Tap the members list icon in the upper right of the Room.
- Tap the Friends tab to add your Airtime friends. Or tap the Contacts tab to invite people from your address book.
- Tap "Add" or "Invite" next to the name of the friends you'd like to add to the Room.
- Done! Have fun hanging out!
Have an issue? Let us know so we can help out!