Party Mode is the most open Room setting. When you really want to get ALL sorts of folks hanging out in your Room, put it in Party Mode. It'll invite all your friends and all of their friends.
When you activate Party Mode, the following changes happen to the room's settings:
- The Doorbell enters "super" mode. This means that each time a new member enters the room, they’ll trigger a room invite to all of their friends, automagically. Woah.
- Room Visibility is set to Everyone, which means it will display in user profiles.
- Room Accessibility is set to Open, which means no permission required to join.
TIP: The "Party" banner on the rooms list indicates that a Room is in Party Mode. That means there's something good happening in there, so hop in!
To turn Party Mode ON (so everyone can let their friends know when they’re there):
- Enter the Room.
- Tap on the Room title to open Room Settings. Or tap on the members icon in the upper right of the Room and tap on the Settings option (gear icon) in the bottom right of the members list. Under Room Privacy, tap PARTY MODE.
- A message will post in the Room to let other members know that you have turned on Party Mode.
Just so you know, here's what happens when you enter a room that has Party Mode turned on:
- The countdown begins! Ten seconds after you enter any room that’s in Party Mode, all your friends on Airtime get a "super" doorbell notification. This notification acts as an invite to the room, and will appear as an invite from you to all of your friends on Airtime.
To turn Party Mode OFF:
- Enter the Room.
- Tap on the Room title to open Room Settings. Or tap on the members icon in the upper right of the Room and tap on the Settings option (gear icon) in the bottom right of the members list.
- Under Room Privacy click on either PRIVATE or CUSTOM.
- A message will post in the Room to let other members know that you have changed the privacy settings.