Some group chats are for friends' eyes only. We get it. That's why we made sure to let you make each Room as open or as private as you like.
When you create a new Room, you will see the choice to choose between “Secret” or “Party” privacy settings. Opt for Secret if you’d like the most private option. “Party” will open up the Room to friends of friends, inviting people you may not know directly to join. You can always change this setting later.
To change an existing Room's privacy settings:
- Tap on the gear icon in the upper right of the Room.
- Scroll down to Room Privacy and select the option that works best for you:
- "My Crew Only" (super private; the only way to join is through a member invite)
- "All My Friends" (allows friends of friends to join, but everyone else has to request to join it first)
- "Everyone" (anyone can find and join the room without requesting access)
- "Custom" (make it your own by selecting the privacy options that work for you)
- Hit "Save" in the top right once you've picked the best option for you and your buddies.