On Airtime, you can create rooms with different privacy settings depending on the type of experience you'd like to have. Public rooms are open for anyone on Airtime to join, while private rooms are closed to members only and an invite is needed to join. In any situation, the host of a room can always adjust these privacy settings.
To change an existing room's privacy settings:
- Tap to view My Rooms.
- Tap on the room in which you'd like to adjust the privacy settings.
- Tap the room's name in the center of your screen.
- Tap to edit the Room Settings, and then tap on "Privacy."
- Tap the box containing your room's current privacy setting, then select the setting you'd like it to have, either public, private or custom.
- "Public" (the most open; the room is visible to anyone on Airtime)
- "Private" (the most private; the only way to join is through a member invite)
- "Custom" (make it your own by selecting the privacy options that work for you)
- Swipe the tray down, and go back to Room Settings. This will automatically save the changes you've made.
NOTE: Any time you change a room's privacy settings to a less private option, the room's text chat history is cleared.