Some group chats are for friends' eyes only. We get it. That's why each Room you create on Airtime can be as open or as private as you like.
When you create a new Room, you have the option to choose between two Room private settings: "Secret" or "Party." Secret is the most private option. "Party" will open up the Room to friends of friends, inviting people you may not know directly to join. You can always change this setting later.
To change an existing Room's privacy settings:
- Tap the Room’s name in the upper left corner.
- Scroll down to Room Privacy and select the option that works best for you:
- "My Crew Only" (the most private; the only way to join is through a member invite.)
- "All My Friends" (allows friends of friends to join, but everyone else has to request to join the Room first.)
- "Everyone" (anyone can find and join the Room without requesting access)
- "Custom" (make it your own by selecting the privacy options that work for you)
- Any time you change a Room's privacy settings to a less private option, the Room's text chat history is cleared.