When you create a new Room, it will be set to "Private" by default, meaning an invite is needed to join. However, you can always adjust these privacy settings from Room Settings.
To change an existing Room's privacy settings:
- Tap to view all of your Rooms.
- Tap on the Room in which you'd like to adjust the privacy settings.
- Tap the Room’s name in the upper left corner of the screen.
- Scroll down to Room Privacy and select the option that you prefer:
- "Private" (the most private; the only way to join is through a member invite)
- "Public" (the most open; the Room is visible to anyone on Airtime)
- "Custom" (make it your own by selecting the privacy options that work for you)
NOTE: Any time you change a Room's privacy settings to a less private option, the Room's text chat history is cleared.