In Airtime rooms, there is a hierarchy of roles to ensure that everyone in the room has a great experience. The order is Room Founder, Admin, Host, Member, Non-member (or Guest).
Room Founder - the person who founded and created the room. Able to manage membership, room settings, and moderation settings. Room founders often add admins or hosts to their rooms to help manage.
Admins - run the show behind the scenes in your rooms, ensuring that everything operates safely and smoothly. To do so, they have access to more features than hosts and regular room members. Admins can change room settings, permissions, and assign roles below them.
- Admins can manage the membership of hosts, members, and non-members (aka guests).
- Admins cannot add or remove other Admins - only the room founder can add/remove Admins.
Hosts - interact and engage with members in the room, and they have more permissions than members.
- Hosts can remove and add members to the room.
- Hosts can delete the room history.
Members - the default role for users who have joined a room.
Non-Member (Guest) - users who are not yet room members. To be a member, click "Join Room."
To change the room roles on iOS and Android:
- Tap the room's name in the center of your screen.
- Tap the person's picture that you'd like to change the role.
- Under "Membership," tap "Edit Room Role," and select Admin, Host or Member.
To change the room roles on the Web:
- Click the person's picture that you'd like to change the role.
- Click to "Edit Room Role," and select Admin, Host or Member.