Direct messages are private spaces for close friends. You can video, audio, and text chat, play games, and share content just like in an Airtime room. Unlike Airtime rooms, direct messages have a 10-person cap and there are no room roles.
How to send a direct message on Airtime
To send a direct message
- Tap the People tab.
- Then tap the pencil icon in the top right.
- Select 1-10 friends that you’d like to add to the message.
- Tap "Start Chat."
- You can also send an individual direct message by tapping on a user’s profile photo tile and then tap .
To customize who can send you a direct message:
- Navigate to your profile .
- Tap Settings in the top right.
- Under Account Details, tap Privacy.
- Decide who can send you message requests or add you to groups.
- If you choose Everyone, you can be messaged or added to groups by everyone except people you've blocked.
- If you choose Only People You Follow, you can't be messaged or added to groups by anyone you don't follow.
How to access your direct messages
Once you create or are added to a direct message, you can access your messages by clicking on People and select "Messages."
Please sign in to leave a comment.